What is a cookie?
Cookies are small data files that your browser places on your computer or device. Cookies help your browser navigate a website and the cookies themselves cannot collect any information stored on your computer or your files.
When a server uses a web browser to read cookies they can help a website deliver a more user-friendly service. To protect your privacy, your browser only gives a website access to the cookies it has already sent to you.
Some of the cookies we use are session cookies and only last until you close your browser, others are persistent cookies which are stored on your computer for longer.
How do I reject and delete cookies?
1. Personal information
When you use the Website, you may provide us with personal information about you such as your name, address, telephone numbers and email address (“personal information”). We are committed to protecting your privacy, and will only use your personal information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
You are entitled by law to ask for a copy of your personal information at any time by writing to us at Oakbrook Marketing, 7 Stumperlowe View, Sheffield S10 3QU or contacting us by email at: email@example.com. We may charge you a fee for this which shall not exceed £10.
You are entitled to ask us to correct or update your personal information at any time by contacting us at the address above.
2. Use made of the information
We may use information held about you to:
- ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- respond to any enquiries or queries you send to us via our Website or otherwise;
- allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- notify you about changes to our Website or services;
If you do not want us to contact you in the ways set out above, you can “opt out” at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Disclosure of your information
You consent to us disclosing your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply such other terms as apply to our relationship, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our customers, ourselves or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction;
- if we determine that such disclosure is necessary in connection with any investigation or complaint regarding your use of the Website.
The Website has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of information under our control, such as passwords and firewalls. We cannot, however, guarantee that these measures are, or will remain, adequate. We do, however, take data security seriously and will use our reasonable endeavours to protect the integrity of the information you provide.
Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Oakbrook Marketing is a trading name of Robert Ibbotson. The business trading address is 7 Stumperlowe View, Sheffield S10 3QU. Oakbrook Marketing is registered for VAT, Registration number 233 0680 36.